You must accept these to join our group.
Code of Conduct
- Take part in all activities with enthusiasm, and be open minded to new experiences.
- Treat other participants and volunteer leaders with respect and consideration, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or religious beliefs.
- Attend activities on time dressed appropriately with the required equipment.
- Obey all reasonable instructions or requests from leaders.
- No inappropriate physical, verbal, electronic or online contact with others including abusive activities such as initiation ceremonies, ridiculing, bullying, cyberbullying, and sexting harassment.
- Obey the law and the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and treat the environment with consideration.
- Use of alcohol and cigarettes is not permitted at any time, unless there has been prior agreement with all members of the activity.
- Tell one of the volunteer leaders if you feel uncomfortable with any situation or individual.
- Remember that you are representing the DofE and Meadows Open Gold DofE to the wider public and therefore your behaviour should reflect this.
- Attend all meetings unless given an exemption. Tell the leaders if you will not be able to attend a meeting or event, as soon as possible.
- I understand that my DofE programme is my responsibility and it is up to me to choose, arrange and participate in activities for each section, to find a suitable supervisor and assessor, and to upload evidence of my activities to eDofE.
- I understand that any equipment that is hired or loaned to me for DofE activities is valuable and I will take good care of it and ensure it is returned clean and dry at the times and places arranged by the Leaders. I accept full responsibility for checking that equipment is fit for purpose before use and will pay any charges for late, damaged, dirty or lost equipment.
- I will check my email regularly and reply promptly when asked to do so.
- I understand that participation in the expedition programme is only open to those members who have made significant progress on eDofE in at least one other section of their award, and who have completed any previous DofE levels.
- If I have to miss a meeting I will inform the leaders as soon as possible and I will make every effort to catch up on the missed material.
- Expeditions may be cancelled or postponed due to having insufficient participants or Leaders, in this case the money you have paid for the cancelled expedition(s) will be refunded in full.
- Expedition dates will not be changed to accommodate individual participants’ circumstances.
- I accept full liability for all costs incurred in doing my DofE, including enrolment costs, the cost of equipment and expeditions, and any unforeseen expenses incurred during any DofE activity.
- I will pay all required money by the date set by the Leaders.
- I accept that I will still be liable for any costs incurred by MOG on my behalf even if I am unable to participate in an event. Any refunds or discounts will only be offered where this is possible without affecting other participants or the group.
- I understand that the membership charge is not refundable.
- I understand that MOG is staffed exclusively by volunteers and neither MOG nor any of the Leaders have any obligation to me. I will ensure my communication with the Leaders is appropriate to their role as volunteers.
- I accept that if I do not show any progress on my DofE programme for a period of 12 months then my eDofE account will be closed and I will no longer be a member of MOG.
- I understand that if I display consistently or significantly poor behaviour which does not meet the Code of Conduct, I will not be able to continue as a member of MOG.
- We store your personal details for the purposes of supporting your DofE programme and delivering DofE activities including expeditions.
- We store participants’ details in paper and secure electronic format, accessible only by our leaders, for a period of up to three years after your last involvement in our activities.
- We will share specific details with The City of Edinburgh Council, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, and other adult volunteers who help us to deliver DofE activities, but only the information that is needed to ensure these activities are delivered safely and in accordance with relevant laws and policies.